Wednesday, February 11, 2015

LORILOVECRAFT.COM RELAUNCHED



Over the past couple of months I been revamping and redesigning my LoriLovecraft.com site to fit my current needs which is promoting my latest comic book projects and creating a storefront to sell my artwork and books. I’ve learned a lot more about html code than I ever really wanted to, but now the revised site is up and available for viewing. So take a look!


One of the best features of the new site is that I’ve been able to organize the best entries of my Vozwords blog (which features my articles and comments on illustrators and working in the field of graphic storytelling) so that you can quickly link to whichever entry you find of interest. It’s certainly more user friendly than the index interface on the Blogstpot site.



Another new addition is previews of all the different Lori Lovecraft, Retrowood, Voodoo Mansion and Mad Mummy stories. If you’ve missed any of these you can get a quick rehash of the story and art…as well as a link to where the work is available.



There are also a number of my newest paintings and comic book originals for sale in a gallery. Stop by and browse.



Those are just some, but not all of the features of the site. Be my guest and take a look. And if you do discover a type here or there or a link that doesn’t work quite right on your browser, be sure to let me know….and I’ll head back to the coding station with a sigh.

“The closer psychologists look at the career of the gifted, the smaller the role innate talent seems to play and the bigger the role preparation seems to play.”
“Practice isn’t the thing you do once you’re good. It’s the thing you do that makes you good.”
Malcolm Gladwell Outliers

I’ve been reading a great book called Outliers, by Malcolm Gladwell that examines why some people are successful and others aren’t.  It reiterates my own feeling about talent: to paraphrase Einstein, genius is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration. One of Gladwell’s discoveries is that any success is built on the 10,000 hour rule; you have to work at something that long before you master it. His other finding are that where you live and when you live are major factors. If you’re living in a totalitarian society or during a severe economic crisis, success is going to be much more difficult, than if you’re living in America during a time of great prosperity. Personality traits and social background are also major contributors. Some cultures are better at teaching their children how to integrate in the existing societies, and no matter how skilled you are, it’s difficult to work with an asshole.

The bottom line is that doing the work will not guarantee success, but not doing the work will guarantee failure. So just keep at it, enjoy , and hope for the best. Here are a few of my sketchbook pages for the week. Next week, more on the latest issue of Mad Mummy!







Best,

Mike


No comments:

Post a Comment